7.22.2015

How to smash your fruit for Canning


There are two tool's I use for smushing my fruit in jam's. I know smushing is not a word but it is as close as this girl can get. I love my jams with pieces of fruit that can pop in your mouth. Jam is something that deserves real pieces of fruit.









So back to the topic. What I use to thin out the fruit you ask?  The potato smasher that is my go to when I do not want to loose the quality of great jam pieces. I use this for most of my berry jam's.













To the right you see where I used it to smash my peaches that I used in my Blueberry Peach Jam. I sliced the peaches but need them broken down just a bit more. The potato smasher was perfect for his jam.














Here I just worked around the lemons. Yuppers I just slice those beauties and in they go. this way I get the pectin, and real lemon flavors.











Here is the link for the consumer reviews on many immersion blenders Immersion Blender Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you !