1.17.2012

Freezing Garlic

I know I am on a freezing trip lately but I have the time right now to post so many things that should be on this site. So actually it is catch up-correct and general new year clean the site time.

Now until I took a few cooking classes I never imagined I could freeze garlic but live and learn. Since I have been freezing the garlic it has become so easy to use any time.





It slices easier and I always have it on hand...Now here is a very important tip DO NOT use frozen garlic in the bottom of a canning project that is going into a water bath. I blew out two jars one day  and lesson learned. Make sure the garlic had thawed completely. You know how cold and hot just do not work together when combined it is called thermal shock.



I will also chop the garlic and put it into a old seasoning jar. I do this with things I freeze that are small amounts. This makes it easy to remove from the container and use. 







Well let us get back on topic here is what I do to freezes garlic. Peel and clean each clove once I peel it I rinse it off and dry it well. Then put the cloves into a zip lock bag. Get as much air out as possible. It is that easy.





When you need a clove you just pop it out slice it up and use it. I find it is easier to slice when frozen to. They keep up to 6 month in a air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you