7.09.2017

Cherry-Mint Shrub



Cherry Mint Shrub yes this summer as long as I am preserving my jam's I will add a new shrub to the list. I just got my shipment of fresh cherries from the Washington State Fruit Board and NW Cherries. I am so honored and delighted to be a part of their program. A big shout out to them!






Ingredients

2 cups chopped cherries
1/2 cup fresh peppermint leaves
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup apple cinder vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar



Place the cherries, mint and sugar into a medium bowl. Stir to combine. I always give you little tips on the things we make and preserve. I will spend about an hour stirring and combining to make sure I get everything together and dissolved.

My hubby "Pa" cut the end of some old wooden spoons for me and I use them for all thing's. They are so great for the bottom of flat pans to get everything off the bottom that likes to hide.








Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 day. I switched the recipe up a bit. I will take the mixture out of the refrigerator and add the vinegar's the next day.















I will then return it to the refrigerator to sit for an additional day. I think that the longer it gets to sit together the better the combination is going to be. So far this method has worked for me and everyone is still alive! 

 Now you are ready to strain this lovely combo. Remove the cover and stir your ingredients. Place a piece of cheese cloth over your bowl and slowly pour the ingredients over the bowl.

* I secure my cheese cloth with a rubber band and wash your hands

I leave the ingredients to strain for about an hour then slowly remove cheese cloth so as to be able to hold it and squeeze it until all the liquid is in the container.






 Now you should have a beautiful dark liquid to pour into your mason jar. Look you can see me waving in the reflections. So cute I am! Once it is in a container secure the top and return to the refrigerator for one week to sit prior to using it.





 Enjoy this and all our Shrub recipes !






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you