9.11.2024

Making and Freezing Herb Butters

One thing that I have found that comes out so wonderful is a good Herb Butter. As a go to and to have on hand for so many recipes as well as a party platter. (charcuterie fancy pant's definition) 

This recipe can be used for any butter to be mixed with any herb. It is simple, freezes well and great to have on hand.




Ingredients

  • 2 cubes unsalted butter
  • One Bushel of fresh dill
  • Parchment paper


The process is easy. You will start by taking some unsalted butter and bring it to room temperature. I will use 2 cubes this makes one cup of butter. We are going to finally chop approximately one cup of fresh dill. Fresh is best for this recipe because the dry will become soft and mushy which can change the color and texture of your butter.



Whip this mixture together in a small bowl with a mixer or by hand. I say mixer because we all have so many different types of them. I have a old school hand mixer. My Kitchen Aid is a tool I use for big jobs and baking.

For this I will do it by hand with a spatula.



* I do not add garlic or salt to this or any of my herb butters 

Once you have your mixture completely mixed you will want to have you parchment paper ready. Lay your parchment paper flat on the surface/counter. You can secure the corners with anything to hold it in place. The first pictures shows my mixture being placed on the parchment paper.



This second shot shows the butter mixture rolled up ready to go. Give your self enough parchment paper to roll it twice to prevent and freezer burn.




And finally the ends are closed I just use a rubber band. Anything will do cooking twine, rubber band, tie wrap.

Now you can put it in the freezer for up to 3 or more months. When you are ready to use it remove it from the freezer and slice it. I use it for so many things. 

I have put some tips below this post. 


This buttery post is so wonderful for so many things in the kitchen you will do as a creator of deliciousness. For all of you who I do know have a herb garden or impulse buy of basil at TJ's. During the summer season we do grow so many herb for preventative reason in the garden as well as for cooking and medicinal reasons. 

Those fresh herb can be turned into flavorful butters to use through out the year. Anything from Party Trays . After you freeze your butters they can be cut into slices return to the freezer for an easy way to add to cooking for soups, fish, chicken or fresh Bread. The ideas are endless as you will find with so many of my recipes and DIY idea's. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you