12.21.2011

Vanilla Extract 90 days

So this is month 3, 90 dayz since we began the Vanilla Experiment. It is looking really good. I took the lid off for a second to taste and the taste is vanilla but the vodka is still more prevalent. The site I got the recipe from says to let it steep for 3 months. But I wonder!

But now after a little more research from sites dedicated to the true creation of Vanilla Extract. I found that this will really need to sit for 6 months to 2 years to get good quality extract. I think I will let it go a little longer. Looks like I started to late for Holiday gifts but it is a good little stand by for my cannin' and bakin' and a cookin' crowd.

I will keep you posted. Hey Happy Holidays everyone!!!!






If you go over to other websites you can get lots of advice. As always I say make your own decision once you learn how to make the extract. My Vanilla Extract will be saved for gift giving during the year. Look when I do my creations I like to make sure that I do it right. Thus this site is now my go to site for this subject. Do not half ass or hurry hurry. You end up with half ass product that are great for gift but not a GREAT GIFT! Do your research it pay's! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you