1.02.2013

With the New Year BIG Changes

Well it is a New Year and much to do and learn. I did learn this last year about pressure cooking bean's. I will give you a little hint - it is easy to do but the water and the pressure and the liquid well I only found one site that really gave you every single thing to know. I also had a couple of people answer me on a FB page. The only problem is I looked up all the issues I had as a result after. That does make sense because I did not realize what I did till after well it was not so much what I did as what the results were from Black Beans pressure canned. Just do more than following a recipe when doing your preserves and pickles and canning. Do your homework More on that in the post.


My home made laundry detergent turned out really great. I gave a gallon to a neighbor and she is going to give me her opinion. She is a really picky girl. We know we will get an honest rating from her.  Today I am going to attempt dish soap. I have to tell you it makes you feel really proud to make these things yourself.





  I am starting to read a book called The Omnivore's Dilemma  and it looks as if it is going to be a good read. I am trying to do as much as I can to start to understand the food environment we are living in if you are left to read the labels on items you buy well to put it mildly half the time you can not believe a word it says.

Next I have been struggling with the PLASTIC issue and not to use it.  This presents another hugh challenge. Look the world is plastic and it is nearly impossible to go non plastic. But in defense of this issue I have really put an extra effort into trying to use less. I collect bottle and reuse them all them time and now have a couple of neighbor's saving them for me. An my pantry is 70% glass container's.


Next I have been struggling with the PLASTIC issue and not to use it.  This presents another hugh challenge. Look the world is plastic and it is nearly impossible to go non plastic. But in defense of this issue I have really put an extra effort into trying to use less. I collect bottle and reuse them all them time and now have a couple of neighbor's saving them for me. An my pantry is 70% glass container's.



I usually just post recipes on this Blog but I am going to start to give you my honest opinion on issue we have as canners and homemaker's and just plain getting back to basics people. So I hope you have a blessed New Year and let me know what you are doing to make your home a easier- back to basic - Look all in all we are all trying to be our Gram-maz!

Oh hey I have broccoli in the garden and the cabbage is going to be great for the sauerkraut. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you