10.16.2020

Recipe for Italian Seasoning


This mix is another way to save on herbs and spices for your pantry. I make a lot of my own spices, rubs, extracts and vinegars to mention just a few. You can find all of them at the Spices, Rubs and Syrup page. So many of our everyday ispice mixes can be home made. 


With this Italian Season Mix you have got more of the spices you need to mix it you really do. If you are new to baking and cooking you should start getting all the ingredients to have pantry ready. I save glass jars ! Any size any shape I always find a job for them. Well enough about me let us get this seasoning made.

The Ingredients you need will be

  • 2 tablespoons of dried basil
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder


In a small bowl combine all the ingredients using a fork to blend. 

Once blended pour your seasoning into an airtight container. Put it in the pantry or a cool dark place. This will last about 6 months. 

3 comments:

  1. I love making my own spice blends! Just made a batch of garlic powder from the garlic in the garden. Also made some Jalapeno powder for the first time. This should be interesting! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you share your recipes I would love to try both.

      Delete
  2. I made Jalapeno last year for the first time. How was the garlic powder I want to make that next. Was it easy? Did you dehydrate the garlic?

    ReplyDelete

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you