9.13.2024

Spicy Lemon Pepper Vinegar


Lemon Pepper Vinegar. Story is I grew these peppers thinking they would be a bit hot and fruity. Well here is the definition of these hot little devils. 

" Hot Lemon chili peppers, botanically classified as Capsicum baccatum, are an heirloom variety that belongs to the Solanaceae or nightshade family. The brightly colored peppers are spicy, ranging 15,000 to 30,000 SHU on the Scoville scale, and are known for their steady burn mixed with intense, fruity flavors"

Prior to ever knowing the heat of these beauties I decided to make a Red Wine Vinegar with them once they had dried out !


The instruction for drying is on this post. But wait you can do this when the peppers are fresh. Why not !

This is super simple the tools you need are mote then likely in your pantry. Get a bottle and you all know I save my bottles.

Tools

  • Peppers (Dried or Fresh) 
  • Bottle or Container
  • Funnell
  • Gloves for your hands if using fresh peppers
  • Red Wine Vinegar (You can make you own)


Have everything ready. Start by making sure your bottle is clean. Place the amount of peppers into the bottle. After tasting my finish product three would have been more than enough. It was Spicy ! 

So many peppers have so many different effects on flavor. I put a few to many thinking the taste of the Red Wine Vinegar was strong. Well indeed it was but those peppers yikes. Note the tops of my peppers remain. I do this to keep all the seeds inside the pepper.


Alright now grab you Red Wine Vinegar. I will usually use my home made vinegar but as I have just arrived in my new home in the forest I have yet to brew some up.









Alright and now you can pour the vinegar into the bottle. Leave a little room at the top about an inch. This is just for safety. Nothing is going to bubble or change. Once this is done you can seal the bottle with the cap and put in a cool pantry or cupboard for a least three weeks. 




So there you have it. I have used mine for chili's and other recipes that call for Hotter than S***** seasoning. But I have made others here is a link to the Tarragon Vinegar I made. Yumm on fish !

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you