10.10.2020

Dehydrated Bananas


I love Bananas ! Yup in a bowl of cereal, protein drink anytime snack and a bonus filled with lots of potassium. I love finding new ways to extend the life of my food. I am blessed with a yard that allows me to grow many of my food needed to preserve. 

Dehydrating Bananas you say ! I will once again never go with dehydrated store bought bananas again. The ones I made myself were scrumptious. Dehydrated they are so much sweeter than fresh. I think the whole dehydrating process brings out the sugar.


The one and only reason I did this was because I had three bananas left that looked like they may not make it to the protein drink. So I had been making Beef Jerky and dehydrated Roma Tomatoes all the tools were still out. So let us get started.

Begin by having all your tools and a few bananas. 



No need for a list but there is one thing. I didn't do and that was coat them in lemon. Do not get me wrong I love lemons. I dehydrate Lemons all the time to add to my water and any recipes. The reason people do soak them or coat them in lemon is to keep them from turning brown. Personally I do not care. Also if you look at my pictures you will see they really did not turn brown. Go figure! 





Alright have your cutting board and your dehydrator ready. I use a paring knife my favorite tool. Slice and put your slices on your dehydrator close but not touching each other. They will stick a bit but once your ready to tuen they lift off without breaking.




This is so fast. Ever dehydrator has different times and temperature. Mine is just blow and go.



No temperature just hot air and done. I am not a cook that depends too much on temperature and time with something a simple as this. 

Check your bananas if they are dry to the touch turn them over to dry the underside. They may stick a bit but take care to turn them and continue the drying.






Once you bananas are leathery and dry and sometimes a little sticky to the touch. 

You can store you bananas in an airtight container. They stay fresh for a good two weeks. 

Mine go in a bowl on the counter and they are gone within a few days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to answer your questions and hear from each and every one of you